Assistant Controller – Mountain View, CA
Redis Labs is looking for an Assistant Controller to join our Accounting team in our Mountain View office.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller will be a key leader for the accounting department of a pre-IPO company.
You will be responsible for overseeing the Close and Reporting processes, as well as providing technical accounting expertise while playing an integral role in process improvements and system implementations.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on and detailed oriented leader with strong organization, management, and communication skills.
- Take responsibility for the company’s accounting processes and functions, including timely, accurate recording and the reporting of financial transactions and system reconciliations. Review account reconciliations and journal entries to ensure that accounting activities are well supported and documented.
- Prepare recommendations for the implementation of new accounting standards or accounting for non-standard transactions.
- Provide leadership to strengthen the Accounting team, with a commitment to recruiting, training and mentoring of staff.
- Serve as a key member for the SOX implementation initiatives, including documentation of internal control procedures, identification of inefficiencies/gaps, and implementation of process improvements.
- Act as a primary interface with the Company’s external auditors and coordination of quarterly and annual audits
- Certified Public Accountant (active status) REQUIRED
- 10+ years of proven successful experience in accounting with a minimum of five years in an Assistant Controller or accounting position at a public company
- Big 4 Public accounting experience required
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance PREFERRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and informal communication skills
- Proven ability to work across many departments with varying levels of staff and management to solve problems and achieve results
- Proven track record of successfully motivating, developing, and helping people reach their full potential
- Critical thinking with attention to detail; ability to seek innovative solutions to complex business and technical issues
- Strong analytical skills; efficient and self-motivated with the ability to follow through and implement process improvements
- Experience working with Israel based companies and/or Hebrew speaking
- Experience in Netsuite Accounting System
We have been named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing enterprise software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info visit: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Mountain View, CA