APJ Solution Architect Team Lead
We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to join our Solutions Architects team as a Team Lead to help us establish and grow our presence in the APJ markets.
The Team Lead for the APJ Solution Architect Team will bring an initial player-coach mindset to the position. You will work together with the APJ VP to establish our presence in the market. You’ll do this initially by playing a hands-on role in direct sales engagements with customers and partnership development. You will also work directly with the Worldwide VP of Solution Architect team to hire and develop the Regional Solution Architects. As the team is successfully established, you will have the opportunity to move from a player-coach to a full time management position.
- Help customers meet their technology and business requirements with Redis databases using Redis Labs products, solutions and services.
- Understand, quantify and verify the business needs of customers and their specific use cases.
- Work diligently with the customer’s technical teams (architects, developers, PMO’s and C-level experts) to ensure the success of all customer POCs and pilots.
- Present complex technical solutions in a clear and convincing way
- Collaborate closely with our Sales team to develop effective account strategies and identify new account opportunities, as well as new business with existing accounts.
- Present the company, its capabilities and technology in a highly professional and exciting way that will engage customers and help them see the business impact and competitive advantages of the Redis Labs offering.
- Use customer feedback and insights to improve product and technical “best practices” materials while providing feedback to Product Management teams and R&D.
- Participate in hiring and development of Regional Solution Architects
- Conduct regular management duties of Regional Solution Architects including regular 1on1 meetings, reviews, and continued educational development.
- 15+ years prior experience in a customer-facing technical role such as Pre-sales or Customer Success
- Hands-on experience with server-side technologies and the Linux operating system
- Experience with at least one development language
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of direct management experience either through Team Lead or Manager role
- Ability to write and speak English
- Prior experience with databases, infrastructure software and SaaS offerings
- Comfortable working within tight schedules and ever-changing priorities
- Prior experience opening the APJ market for a technology company