In less than two weeks, Pivotal is holding its annual Cloud Foundry summit in San Francisco and our team is gearing up for the event. Cloud Foundry has been and will continue to be a pivotal element in our company’s vision, and we’re already using it extensively with Pivotal Web Services.
I’m looking forward to travelling there to participate in the event, and have prepared a list of sessions I hope to attend (and that I’d recommend for anyone else who’s going):
- 6pm-7:30pm Keynotes – It’s always great to hear the big announcements first hand.
- 12pm-12:30pm IBM BlueMix lightning talk – It will be interesting to compare with our experience on that platform.
- 2:30pm-3pm Autoscaling Distributed Systems with BOSH – This is exactly what we’re doing with Redis Cloud.
- 3pm-3:30pm I wish I could be in two place simultaneously: CF comparison or OSv
- 3:30pm-4:pm Add-on services – This should be very relevant to our offers on Pivotal Web Services, the IBM Marketplace and BlueMix.
- 4pm-4:30pm Here I’ll be relaxing and preparing for…
- 4:30pm-5pm How to Build a High Performance Application using Cloud Foundry and Redis (that’s my session and I promise it’ll be a great opportunity to learn about Redis and how to use it on Cloud Foundry for a wide range of use cases)
- 1:45pm-2:15pm Cloud Foundry roadmap
- 2:30pm-3pm Multi data center deployments – It would be great to catch this one, as it’s something we’re also working on.
When not in the sessions, I’ll be in meetings or at our booth. I don’t want to spoil the surprise, but we’ve also prepared a new demo that is I feel is really impressive – I recommend that you come by the booth to check it out. If you want to book a meeting with me in advance, feel free to email me directly at email@example.com.